Monday, July 16, 2012
A Happy Birthday.
Well yesterday was my, (Layla's) birthday and it was awesome!!! I had homemade pancakes for breakfast and almost immediately after that I got my presents.
This is what I got:
1. A bag my mom sewed me.
2. The mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens. (Charles Dickens died before he finished this so I am excited to see where it stops at.)
3. The Complete Nonsense of Edward Lear by Edward Lear.
4. Carolina's Courage by Elizabeth Yates.
5. The Beggar Queen by Lloyd Alexander.
6. A Collection of Emily Dickinson poems.
7. Betsy and Tacy go over the big hill by Maud Hart Lovelace.
8. More Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs.
9. A journal to write about birds in.
10. Two pairs of shorts.
11. A real bow and four arrows.
12. An awesome sewing machine.
After that I skimmed through all the books and then went to figure out how to use my bow and arrows. The arrows weren't actually sharp because they were practice arrows but they could definitely go through someone. My target was painted on some cardboard boxes and I hit the bullseye twice. I think I did pretty good for a beginner.
Then I kept switching from inside to outside, depending on where the people were. We had sandwiches for lunch and then our friends the Barkers came over. We played whiffleball with them and then they left.
After that we had pizza for dinner and then had dessert. Dessert was cookie dough spread on top of brownie batter and then they were baked together. It was delicious. After that we made a bonfire on our hill and got a huge tent ready for sleeping in. We made smores and played by the fire until it got really dark. Then I, our dad, I, Josiah, our four year-old twin sisters Ruth and Hannah and two year-old moses got in the tent and watched a movie. We slept in there for the night. It was an awesome birthday.
The picture abover is of me and Ian. By the way, I turned ten.